Finding or becoming an Au Pair may raise a few questions, which is why we have prepared a list of F.A.Q's (frequently asked questions). If your question is not present or you want to ask us something else do not hesitate to fill in our form on the CONTACTS page.

We also collaborate with Aupair.com, an online platform for Au Pairs and families. If you want more information, you can visit the page www.aupair.com, they will guide you through the path and provide you with all the necessary information on different issues, from the requirements for Au Pairs and Host Families, to information on working hours, Pocket money and visa issues, regulations for some countries...

An au pair is a young person between the ages of 18 and 30, single and without children, who travels to a foreign country for a defined period of time to live with a host family. As an au pair you take on a role as a member of the family and help your host family with childcare and light housework.
Travel expenses are covered by the Au pair. Nevertheless, if the host family wants to help the au pair, they can do this by buying the plane tickets.
There are several requirements, but the most important ones are: the host family should have at least one child under 18 , must provide the au pair with an individual room, free board and monthly/weekly pocket money.
The agency's owner will be available to assist you throughout your stay.
It depends on a full range of factors.The search process typically takes a couple of months.
Yes, he/she is. The host family shall provide the au pair with a well-lighted and aired private room with heating.
It is not necessary. It is possible to share the bathroom with the kids or the whole family.
You can either deduct part of the au pair's costs from the income taxes or you might be entitled to receive some child benefits. It depends on your home country's regulations.
If the au pair is an EU citizen and works in an EU country, no additional insurance is needed. In almost every other case, the au pair will need an insurance.
The au pair shall pay the language course. If the host family wants to cover parts of the costs, they are free to do so!
You need to ask the Embassy of your host country about getting a visa. Visa requirements vary from country to country.
If the au pair is an EU citizen and is staying within the EU , then he/she can have a second job. For any other case, it depends on the  visa the Au pair holds,  the amount of hours she/he already works and the specific labour laws of the Host Country.
The au pair can drive abroad with his/her own driving license. Hoewever, it is highly recommended to take some driving lessons beforehand. People may drive in a different way in the host country. You should also stick to the host country's regulations. In some countries you are allowed to drive with your driving license  for a certain period of time and then  you are requested to take a driving permit test.